Frequently Asked Questions



What number do I call in case of an emergency?  In a true emergency, call 9-1-1. For general information, please call our non-emergency number, (513) 724-2261.

Can I get a copy of a police incident or crash report?   Yes. You may also obtain an incident or crash report, taken by the Williamsburg Police Department at (513) 724-2261 Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, excluding holidays.

I’m locked out of my car. Can an officer help me get into it?   Yes, please contact our office at (513) 724-2261 and they can dispatch an officer to assist. Your wait time for an officer to respond may vary based on the volume of calls at the time of your request.

I received a speeding ticket. Can the police department tell me how much I must pay?   No. If you received a speeding ticket from the Williamsburg Police, call the Williamsburg Clerk of Court at (513) 724-6107, Monday through Friday between 8:00 am and 4:30 pm for details regarding your speeding ticket.

Can I get a continuance for Mayor’s Court?    Depending on the case. Call the Williamsburg Clerk of Court at (513) 724-6107, Monday through Friday between 8:00 am and 4:30 pm for details regarding your case.

Can I make a payment online? Depending on the case. Call the Clerk of Court at (513) 724-6107, Monday through Friday between 8:00 am and 4:30 pm for details regarding your case then visit our online payment portal.



When does the Village pick up brush?   The brush truck and chipper equipment operates from April through September, weather permitting.

When does the City pick up loose leaves?   The leaf vacuum equipment operates from the middle of October through the last week of December, weather permitting.

How do I report missed trash collection?   If you trash has erroneously not been collected, please call the Administration Office at (513) 724-6107.

What time should I set out my trash for collection?   Trash should be set out on Monday evening for collection on Tuesday morning.

Can I make a shelter reservation payment online?  Yes.  Call the office at (513) 724-6107, Monday through Friday between 8:00 am and 4:30 pm to verify the shelter is available and for details regarding your case then visit our online payment portal.

Who do I contact to regarding damages or vandalism in the Community park?    You may report any park-related issues to the Public Service Department via email or by calling (513)724-2248, Monday through Friday, 8am to 4:30pm.

Who is responsible for removing dead animals?  Dead animals that are on the Village streets that is located within the Village limits will be removed by the Public Works Department. You can report the dead animal by calling (513) 724-2248. Removal of animals that are located on private property are the responsibility of the property owner.

I thought the Village maintained the sidewalks. Why is it my responsibility?   Property owners are responsible for the maintenance, repair, and replacement of sidewalks and curbs adjacent to their property.

How do I report a pothole in the street?   You may report any roadway condition concerns by calling (513) 724-6107, Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm.

I need to dig in my yard. How do I get my utilities marked?   State law requires anybody excavating to call Ohio Utility Protection Services (OUPS) at 1-800-362-2764 or 811 for underground utility locations. Within 48 hours, OUPS will locate all underground utilities near the proposed work site to ensure you avoid them.

How do I report a traffic signal or traffic sign problem?   Traffic signals and traffic signs are handled by our Public Works Department. If there is an issue with a traffic signal that is out or not working properly or a sign that is damaged, please call the (513) 724-2248. For traffic signal issues on weekends and/or holidays, call the Police Department at (513) 724-2261.

How do I report a stopped-up storm drain?   Public storm sewer issues are handled by the Public Works Department. Please call (513) 724-2248 between 8:00 am – 4:00 pm, Monday through Friday to notify our staff and begin the process of evaluating the issue.

Who do I contact regarding sight distance (i.e. roadway visibility) issues?   A sight distance issue occurs when a visual obstruction (i.e. tree, sign, hill, etc.) is located at or near a street intersection. To report a sight distance issue, please contact the Village Office at (513) 724-6107.

Who is responsible for repairs to the public sidewalk?   Sidewalks adjacent to private property and/or along a public street in Williamsburg are the responsibility of the property owner.



Who should I call if I have questions regarding my water bill?   Call the Utility Office at (513) 724-6107 during normal business hours which are 8:00 am – 4:30 pm.

When is my utility bill due?   Your utility bill is due on the fifth day of the month.

Can I make a utility payment online?  Yes.  Visit our online payment portal. You will need your account information from your bill and the amount due. If you have any questions, call the office at (513) 724-6107, Monday through Friday between 8:00 am and 4:30 pm.

What services are included on my utility bill?   The Village of Williamsburg bills for water, sewer, and trash. A resident’s utility bill may include all of these or just some depending on the service provided to your property.

My house is vacant, and I did not use any water. Why did I receive a utility bill?   If the Village did not shut off the water, you will still receive a minimum bill for both water and sewer. A homeowner can request that services be discontinued.

What if I have no water service?   If you have no water service, check your front door for instructions regarding restoration of service. If there is no informational card at your front door, please call the Utility office at (513) 724-6107 or (513) 724-2248.

What if I have low water pressure?  If you have low water pressure, please call the Utility office at (513) 724-6107 or (513) 724-2248.

What if I have sewer odor in my house?   The most likely cause for odor issues include:

  • A failed wax ring under the toilet
  • A dry trap under the sink or tub or
  • There may be a broken pipe in a wall or under the home.

Run fresh water in all sinks to fill traps inside the house. Be sure to investigate any floor drains that may have not been used in which the trap has dried up. Be sure to check the toilet and make sure it is firmly attached to the floor. The wax ring round the toilet may be compromised. If this does not work, call the Public Works Department at (513) 724-2248. A Village employee will check to see if any issues are involved with the Village sewer. If no problems with the Village sewer are detected, the homeowner should call a plumber. It is our recommendation that any odor issues should be remedied immediately as sewer gas may be harmful.


When do I need a Zoning Permit?   In general, Zoning Permits are required for decks, room additions, sheds, swimming pools and fences. If you have a question on whether a zoning permit is required for your project, what the zoning fees (513) 724-6107.

When do I need to get a Sign Permit?   Any permanent sign that is erected, placed, moved or altered is required to obtain a Sign Permit in accordance with the Village’s sign code. Permits are also required for certain temporary signs.

Do I need zoning approval for my new business?   Yes, buildings or other structures shall not be changed in use without obtaining a Zoning Permit approved by the Village.

How is my property zoned?   You can access the current Village Zoning Map on our web site. If you have any questions regarding the current zoning of a property, you can also call the call (513) 724-6107.

Where can I get a copy of property plats or easements for my property?   Property plats, deeds and easements are recorded with Clermont County Recorder’s Office. You may consult their website to potentially find the information you are looking for.

What is the right-of-way on my street?   Public Right-of-Way is dedicated to the Village for the construction and maintenance of the public streets and utilities. Right-of-way is dedicated on subdivision plats and is held in trust for the community. The boundary of right-of-way extends beyond the edge of street pavement. There is no standard right-of-way width for every road but is generally one (1) foot behind the sidewalk. Due to this wide range, it is important to find out the exact right-of-way distance before any work near a public roadway. To determine the width and extent of the right-of-way near your property, please contact Clermont County Tax Map at (513) 732-7370.

Do I need a permit to replace my driveway/sidewalk?   If you are replacing any portion of your driveway or public sidewalk that is located within the Village right-of-way, you are required to obtain a permit. Permit applications are available online or by contacting the Village Office at (513) 724-6107.

Who can help me find my property lines so I can build a fence?   Residents should locate their property lines (delineated via property monuments at all property corners) prior to installing fences to avoid encroachments onto adjacent properties. The Village cannot locate property corner monuments on private property but can provide any information currently on file for your property. If no pins are present, residents are encouraged to hire a licensed land surveyor to complete land surveys or locate property corners.

How do I apply for a right-of-way permit?   Private utility companies installing new utilities or maintaining existing utilities within the public right-of-way need to apply for a Right-of-Way Permit. A scaled drawing showing the locations of facilities and proposed improvement must be submitted with the application. The drawings must show dimensions to adjacent landmarks such as the road edge or right-of-way. Please contact the Village Office for more information regarding this topic at (513) 724-6107.

What will my roadway look like after the street reconstruction project?   All areas disturbed by construction related activities will be restored to a condition better than or equal to the pre-construction condition.

Does my project require an inspection?   If your project requires connection to the public utility system (i.e. storm, water, wastewater, etc.) or within the public right-of-way (i.e. driveway apron, sidewalk), then an inspection is required.